KC prime buzz:

The Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call reported today that House investigators are checking into the well-known "C Street house" that was home to several members of Congress.
The issue: Have members received an improper gift in the form of below-market rent?
Among house residents have been Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, a candidate for governor this year, and Kansas Congressman Jerry Moran, who is now a candidate for Brownback's Senate seat.
The Hill:

At an April campaign event with Coburn in Wichita, Kan., Moran was asked about the CREW complaint. He described the C Street house as a place where Members gather for Bible study, and he said, “It became a residence of mine several years ago. I rent a room there with other colleagues and moved my bed in and share a bathroom with other folks.”

Moran added, “I’ve never even showered at C Street.” (my emphasis)


Moran has said he believes the complaint is groundless, and he said at the Wichita event: “I do believe that there are those people that want to make certain that one’s religious faith is not something that is mingled with their public service. ... My public service is clearly related to my beliefs as a Christian.”