Friday, January 11, 2008

Implicit Presidential Preference


Okay, so you haven't been able to decide who to back for President. You could closely study the positions of the candidates, or you could take the Presidential Implicit Association Test.

The IAT is, according to Wikipedia, " an experimental method within social psychology designed to measure the strength of automatic association between mental representations of objects (concepts) in memory. The IAT requires the rapid categorization of various stimulus objects, such that easier pairings (and faster responses) are interpreted as being more strongly associated in memory than more difficult pairings (slower responses)."

Here's my Presidential IAT. On the intellectual and contribution level, I'm a strong Edwards supporter and no great fan of Hillary Clinton.

I've taken some of the IATs which deal with implicit prejudice, their first subject and felt more satisfied with the results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Odd.

For me, Hillary came out on top with Edwards and Obama tied behind her and the Richardson in the rear.

But I prefer Edwards to the others, and my vote will reflect that if possible.