Monday, January 31, 2005

David Corn's Superbowl Fantasy

David Corn, columnist for The Nation, has an interesting Superbowl wish. He noticed that the pre-game entertainment is much more interesting than the lame, passe Paul McCartney (that's my view not his). Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keyes, Gretchen Wilson, and John Fogerty are the pre-game music and I agree that sounds a lot more intriguing.

Here is Corn's wish that Fogerty start with his latest single Deja Vu All Over Again

Did you hear 'em talkin' 'bout it on the radio
Did you try to read the writing on the wall
Did that voice inside you say I've heard it all before
It's like Deja Vu all over again

Day by day I hear the voices rising
Started with a whisper like it did before
Day by day we count the dead and dying
Ship the bodies home while the networks all keep score

One by one I see the old ghosts rising
Stumblin' 'cross Big Muddy
Where the light gets dim
Day after day another Momma's crying
She's lost her precious child
To a war that has no end

And then Fogerty should follow it with Fortunate Son.

Sounds good to me. I think I'll tune in for the pre-game just to see what Fogerty plays.

No comments: